JOHNSTON, Iowa –March 31, 2021–Iowa Corn announced the 18 student recipients of the Iowa Corn Future of Agriculture Scholarship program for the 2020-2021 school year. Iowa Corn awarded the eighteen (18) $1,000 one-year scholarships to deserving, qualified students enrolled at an accredited U.S. 2-year or 4-year junior college, college or university, or graduate school, in a program of study to equip them to contribute to Iowa’s agriculture industry. The program is sponsored by the Iowa Corn Growers Association® (ICGA) and the Iowa Corn Promotion Board® (ICPB).
“Our industry’s success depends on our ability to offer relevant programming, advocacy, and services to developing young leaders entering Iowa’s agricultural sector,” said Gary Petersohn, a farmer from Tingley, Iowa, and chair of the Iowa Corn Grassroots Network, Membership & Checkoff Committee. “Iowa Corn is excited for the future of agriculture in Iowa with this group of recipients leading the way.”
Selection committees evaluated applications by their essays, applications, reference letters, current grades, and activities. They also must be an Iowa Corn Growers Association member or be a dependent of a member. Iowa Corn will recognize these scholarship recipients at the Grassroots Summit in August.
High school scholarship winners include:
- District 3: Dallas Wittenburg of Readlyn, IA, Des Moines Area Community College
- District 4: Rylee Sloss of Guthrie Center, IA, Iowa State University
- District 5: Gavin Tindle of Montezuma, IA, Iowa State University
- District 6: Dylan Engelbrecht of Davenport, IA, Drake University
- District 7: Alexa McCunn of Red Oak, IA, Iowa Lakes Community College
- District 8: Abby Benshoof of Winterset, IA, Iowa State University
- District 9: Macy Moore of What Cheer, IA, Iowa State University
College scholarship winners include:
- District 1: Adam Knoblock of Rock Rapids, IA, Iowa State University
- District 1: Kaleb Schutte of Sibley, IA, Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- District 2: Cole Eden of Titonka, IA, Iowa State University
- District 2: Grant Kuehnast of Humboldt, IA, Iowa State University
- District 3: Lydia Martins of Fairbank, IA, Iowa State University
- District 4: Paul Schlotman of Sioux City, IA, South Dakota State University
- District 5: Katie Hall of Clive, IA, Drake University
- District 6: Courtney Vondracek of Fairfax, IA, Iowa State University
- District 7: Nathan Behrends of Wiota, IA, Iowa State University
- District 8: Ben Vos of Pella, IA, Dordt University
- District 9: Sophia Breuer of Burlington, IA, Iowa State University
If you are interested in publishing a headshot photo with the story, please contact Brandi.
The Iowa Corn Promotion Board (ICPB), works to develop and defend markets, fund research, and provide education about corn and corn products. The Iowa Corn Growers Association (ICGA) is a 7,500-member strong grassroots-driven organization, headquartered in Johnston, Iowa, serving members across the state, and lobbying on agricultural issues on behalf of its farmer members to create opportunities for long-term Iowa corn grower profitability. For more information, visit iowacorn.org.